Monday, July 7, 2008

Introduction to ME!

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle

Hey Everybody!

This is my first blog ever and I am very excited to be a part of this experience. I hope you are reading this to find more out about UNC and the everyday experiences in the life of a student. I have worked at UNC’s Visitor’s Center for three years now. Having an on campus job is very convenient and I get to talk to you guys (prospective students) everyday! I am majoring in Elementary Education and have a concentration in English and I will be a senior in the fall-Wahoo!

Here is a little bit about me: I am originally from Oklahoma and moved to Colorado nine years ago. I went to a small high school and graduated with only 38 students. This is the major reason for me picking UNC. I like the smaller school feel and I see people everyday I know and at the same time, people I don’t know. I am a huge sports fan. I could curl up in my Boston Red Sox blanket and watch baseball and basketball all day! I also love to read for fun (not text books though :)).

School is out for the summer but I am getting very anxious for my senior year. I will be student teaching in the fall and can’t wait to share fun and interesting stories with you! Kids are my passion and if I can change at least one child’s life when I become a teacher, then I have succeeded.

Please feel free to write comments, ask questions, or just read my blog. I will be writing regular posts to give you guys a better idea of what life at UNC is like. I look forward to hearing from you!

Aly

www.quotegarden.com

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hey Aly! Nice intro! I'm looking forward to reading your blog every week!