Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ya know...That one road...

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

I am so impressed with how quickly my professor got my Capstone graded. It took me all semester to complete and he had it graded within a week of me turning it in. Good news…I got an A! My final project of my college career and I went out with a bang. I could not be happier! That leaves me with one week left of student teaching. I am excited to be done but sad to leave my Kindergarten class. The students know that I will be leaving and going to Colorado Springs soon. One of my students has family that lives there and says to me one day last week, “At least I can meet you there!” This is from a six year old that lives two hours away. He said, “My cousin’s house is easy to find…You just turn on that one road by that one sign…Do ya know where that is? It is really easy to find.” Haha! It was so darn cute! He just knew that I would know exactly where to meet him with those directions. I just hope that they will remember me and that I will have made an impact in their lives. Leaving will definitely be bittersweet.

Yesterday, all the Kindergartners at my school went to a carnival put on by a local middle school. The students had so much fun but were completely worn out by the end of the day. Today, we turned right back around and went to a local farm. The students also had a blast there and were even more worn out by the end of today. I guarantee we all sleep very well tonight. I actually got a sunburn too! Last weekend I was driving through a snowstorm and this week I am basking in the sun! This weather is just so crazy; it definitely keeps you on your toes.
Graduation is SIXTEEN days away! But who is keeping track?!

Aly

No comments: