Sunday, August 10, 2008

Running on Empty

I learned three important things in college - to use a library, to memorize quickly and visually, to drop asleep at any time given a horizontal surface and fifteen minutes. ~Agnes DeMille, Dance to the Piper, 1952

Literally and physically, I am running on empty. First of all, I think everyone will agree with me when I say the gas prices are outrageously over-priced! I just went home to visit my family and spent $150 in gas. I cannot take much more of this! Secondly, the summer is coming to end and I am getting tired just thinking about my year to come: planning my wedding, my senior year of college, career searching, and finding a place to live! Don’t get me wrong, I am very excited for all of this to come, just definitely stressed about it. Daytime naps are something I have come to love in college and I have a feeling I will love them just as much this upcoming year.

I am trying to get ready for the school year to start a little bit at a time. I already got my notebooks and have my financial aid squared away. I am now just waiting on my teachers to post what books are required for my classes this upcoming semester. It is a little frustrating right now because I really like to buy my books online and I need plenty of time to allow them to get to me before school starts. I keep checking everyday and none of my books are online yet. I recommend you guys definitely look into buying your books online. I have probably saved about $300 by buying my books online. It is definitely worth looking into. Let’s hope my teachers feel the need to post my books soon! I guess they have a summer too though:)

No comments: