Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. ~Kin Hubbard

Tonight just proved to me even more how the weather is always changing in Colorado and Greeley is no exception. I woke up to sunny skies and not a cloud in sight. I put on a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and slipped on my flip-flops before heading out the door to work (I am a nanny this summer). Six hours later I was wearing pants, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes.

A tornado warning was issued for Greeley at 6:45 pm last night (of course when I was right in the middle of cooking supper) as well as many other cities in Colorado. A tornado, thankfully, never touched down, but with the thunderstorms came plenty of rain, which was very much needed! I do not know if any of you have ever done this (I bet you try it the next time it rains though:)), but the kids I nanny and I made boats out of aluminum foil and raced them down a gutter that was overflowing with water. I love the moments I have when I can just be a kid again, and being the nanny of a six year old and a ten year old definitely brings back the child in me at times!

The next couple weeks will be very busy! I will be trying to fit in all of my last summer adventures and preparing for my senior year of college! Stay tuned for a couple of hectic weeks! I am sure all of you are preparing for school as well so take a break and read what I am going through and how it compares to preparing for high school to start back up. Have a great day!

Aly

www.quotegarden.com

No comments: