Tuesday, August 26, 2008

THE BEGINNING AND THE END

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. ~Abraham Lincoln

So…It is the second day of school, and I have no classes today. Wahoo! My first day of school was so much fun. I love my senior year because my classes are ones that I actually want to learn in! The first couple years of college are all general education classes and now I am in classes that apply to my major. It makes me so much more excited to become a teacher and cannot wait! Normally, I will be in an elementary school every Tuesday and Thursday observing a classroom, but we will not find out our placements until tomorrow and hopefully I will start next week! It is nice only having class three days the first week of classes though.

I live in house off campus with four other girls. Over the summer, three of them went back to their hometowns to old jobs so they could make some money for the school year. I completely understand their reasoning, but our house was pretty quiet and lonely with only two of us here the entire summer. It is so nice to have a full house again! I used to get annoyed hearing four blow dryers going every morning, but now I would not trade that noise for anything. My roommates are my best friends and since this is our last year living together, I want to make the best of it! One of my roommates, Tiffany, got guitar hero for her birthday and that has brought us all closer together. I am a little worried though because I am quite addicted and I already have homework that is not getting done. Oops :)

I am very excited to start working in the elementary schools next week and cannot wait to update you on how it goes. I hope everyone else is having a great first week of school as well!

Aly

www.quotegarden.com

No comments: